Russian property portal Tranio.Ru Internet Centre of Overseas Property, carried out an online survey which sheds light on Russian overseas property buyers, where and what they are looking to purchase.
Over 200 representatives from foreign property agencies and private real estate agents participated in the survey.
Image courtesy of Tranio.ru
Theses are some of the highlights:
- The “typical” Russian overseas buyer tends to be a married entrepreneur or business owner, between 30 and 45 years of age.
- 85% of agents who participated in the survey stated that families are the biggest single demographic.
- Russian-speaking buyers tend to gravitated towards a holiday home in a warm climate, they are less interested in properties in large cities, and they prefer apartments in complexes to large homes. The price category they are drawn to is US $150,000 (€120,000).
- Russian property buyers also look for overseas properties because of business, education, and medical treatment. A significant number of buyers have intentions to move abroad for permanent residence, some look to buy a property to settle their children or parents abroad and a significant number of the Russian buyers looks to retire abroad as well.
- According to the survey, Russian buyers tend to not speak a foreign language.
- Two thirds of respondents (66.0%) indicated vacation experience as the main reason motivating people to purchase property.
- Russian buyers are attracted to nice weather, a positive attitude by locals toward Russians, a stable political situation in the country they’re looking to invest in and personal safety, among other traits.
- Shopping facilities lead among features of residential and social infrastructure, as well as high quality of medical care.
Full details of the Tranio.Ru survey can be found at Russian Buyers of Overseas Property – Who Are They?
Coincidentally, Tranio.ru has just announced Anatalya Homes as its new partner, offering even more overseas properties to its visitors looking to buy abroad… in this case in Turkey, one of the favourite locations of the typical Russian property buyer.