When asked by some of its users why they released a new app, the company replied: “Redesign was the main reason for creating a ‘new’ app, so that we could in fact make our existing iPhone app a universal app, meaning that those with iPhones and iPads need only ever have one app covering all things Rightmove. In the coming weeks we will begin directing existing iPad users towards the new app with the eventual aim to then decommission the separate iPad app.”
The Rightmove app was updated through its users’ support and feedback. The company feels that the new app is significantly more user friendly, allowing the user to find his/her potential dream home a lot easier than before.
Benefits of using the Rightmove app:
- Search the biggest bank of properties available using this new and improved app
- See properties for sale or rent around you using GPS
- Search for properties in your neighbourhood on a map and see the property at the same time
- View floorplans of properties that you’re interested in and zoom in for extra detail
- Sync and share your saved searches and properties between your app, PC and smartphone
- Contact estate and lettings agents and developers directly in-app
Features for the iPad user:
- Three views for seeing your property results – Grid, List and on a Map.
- Updated property details pages including full screen images and floorplans.
- An improved way to move through the property details.
- Save properties and searches and access them on your PC or smartphone.
- An easy way to change your search criteria directly from the results page.
Features for the iPhone user:
Rightmove has added information about stations close to each property and made improvements to the stability and reliability of the app.