Is video one of the most important trends in real estate advertising today? Depending on whom you direct the question to, you may receive a myriad of opinions. Such was the case at the Property Portal Watch Workshop which was held in San Francisco this past July, when a seasoned real estate veteran exclaimed, “It’ll never happen!” and yet, video seems to be sneaking in everywhere, not just in the real estate realm.
As more and, more property portals struggle to increase additional unique functionalities to their websites, or to compete with pre-existing functionalities in their market, the idea of video becomes more appealing.
According to Google, YouTube, is streaming 4 billion online videos every day and 800M unique users visit the site each month. It is easy to see why there has been such a significant shift in recent years to using YouTube to both the buyer’s and the seller’s advantage.
Some companies have taken a huge leap into high-end video production, making mini films for agents who wish to feature properties with a creative flair.
On the other end of the spectrum is the DIY video making option, which has evolved into an attractive means of highlighting a property without investing huge amounts of money into the production. PropertyTube.com, a free one-stop property video marketing website has recently launched a new platform called Convert it, a new way to automatically create videos of listings from existing photos on one’s website.
This may sound as if photos are just inserted into a slide sorter, and they pop up much like a plain PowerPoint presentation, but actually, the end result is quite attractive. The videos include background music, and a unique panning technique which gives the impression of movement throughout the video.
How it works:
- Convert it creates a feed which collects all the photos, as well as the information, of every listing from the agent’s website
- Then Convert it automatically creates videos of all the agent’s listings using their existing photos from their website
- A daily check is conducted of the agent’s website, and new videos are created for new listings, and listings which no longer appear on their site are deleted
- Then Convert it automatically uploads all the videos to the agent’s Free Real Estate Channel on Property Tube (including all listing information)
Property Tube will then:
- Send email notifications of all new videos created and uploaded
- Allow agents to manage all their videos from their Property Tube account
- Provide a simple way to download embed codes or URLS from the agent’s Property Tube account and place all their videos on their own website for clients to view