Most property portals allow users to search for properties based on city, location, budget etc; this is the case with the majority of Indian property websites as well. The websites also provide detailed analytics which empower the potential buyer/investor to take an informed purchasing decision.
The video feature has many advantages for both property sellers and home buyers.
Advantage for sellers:
- YouTube advantage: For the convenience of the home sellers (individual owners, agents and developers) the automated system intelligently fetches “relevant video” from YouTube and renders them along with the property details. The interface supports multiple videos of the same property / project.
- Improve search ranking for properties: Since Google has already has begun to factor in the presence of video on a page when determining where the page ranks on Google search results, this feature will help sellers attract more organic traffic.
- Enhanced communication: Text and image based description of properties have attracted buyers for a very long time – both on web and more traditional mediums like newspapers. Property videos will create a far superior web experience compared to traditional medium.
- More responses: The above advantages will result in more responses to properties listed on Makaan.com.
Advantage for buyers:
- Superior information delivery: Videos scores over written information in conveying the information effectively and accurately. Property information, reviews, neighborhood & community videos will empower buyers to take a far more informed decision. The city or town where a home is listed is an important consideration for a homebuyer. It’s always a good idea to make sure that a home buyer is aware of the benefits of a particular community.
- Interesting to look at: Dynamic video tours with narration, music and motion are more interesting to look at.
- Detailed information: A video tour can be narrated and can point out the various features of your home that a casual observer might not realize.
- YouTube advantage: Buyers using property websites in India will not be required to visit YouTube to view property videos. They will get this advantage while searching on Makaan.com.
Example: Assume a home buyer is looking to buy a property in Delhi NCR region and has short listed Ajnara Ambrosia as one of his options. He will, now, be able to see the property details along with the video on the same page, helping his decision making.
Commenting on the launch Aditya Verma, COO of Makaan.com said, “We have always kept home buyers in mind while designing our products and services. In the past, we have been credited with initiatives like India’s 1st Property Price Index, Makaan.com Buy Vs Rent Index, Property Discussion Forums & Price Trends, the launch of Property Videos is a logical extension of these initiatives. The method used to search for properties on websites will continue to be based on city, price, number of bedrooms, etc. but incorporating video into the equation, can improve the experience for our users and ultimately assist sellers in highlighting their properties further and to a more vast audience.”