When relocating, one of the challenges we all face is, the decision of what neighbourhood to move into. Unless we know someone in the area who can recommend it, we have to resort to a blind leap of faith and hope for the best. Now HoodPoints can be a good place to start, when considering your next move.
HoodPoints was founded in November 2011, enabling people to share their opinion on how good or bad their street is to live on.
Visitors to the site can find out everything they need to know about a particular street or neighbourhood, from the quality of life, how good the schools are, how much crime there is in the area and much more. HoodPoints is currently available in the UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, the US and Japan.
HoodPoints visitors can:
- Review, rate and rank the street that they live on
- Find the perfect street to buy a property on, using HoodPoints as a property finder
- View thousands of street reviews and crime reports
- Report crime on any street, road or avenue
- Find average house prices, and the best voted streets in a neighbourhood
- Report a missing pet and help people find their missing pets
When asked what makes HoodPoints different from already existing Police crime map websites, the company responded by pointing out that, Police crime map websites only provide statistics based on crimes committed in particular areas or sections, so users cannot find out whether it happened on a street near them, whereas using HoodPoints they can.
HoodPoints is a valuable online guide when looking into a new neighbourhood; the personal opinion about the area from people who live or have lived there already, is as good as tapping into a trusted source such as a friend or a family member.