Redfin.com has updated its iPhone and iPad apps, linking the apps into Apple’s Airplay API and allowing properties to be searched via an Apple TV. The TV screen can display real estate searches which are viewed and controlled wirelessly from the iPhone or iPad.
Searching for properties on a large flat screen TV is definitely easier on the eyes than on a small format, so this seems like a good next step, as consumers are getting used to more complex user interfaces on their TVs every day.
Users can see complete home details including photos, property history, and agent notes; or, sign in to access their favorite homes, saved searches, tours, and more, just like on the regular Redfin site.
• MLS powered, up-to-the-minute home search
• Easily find nearby homes and open houses using GPS
• Fully synchronized with your Redfin account – your personal favorites, saved searches, notes & photos and tours come with you
• Beautiful full-screen photo gallery of every home surrounded with a Retina display UI
Important Note – Only available in:
Southern California, Bay Area and Sacramento, Seattle and Western Washington, Chicago Area, Washington DC and Baltimore, Westchester County and Long Island, Boston Area, Atlanta Area, Portland and Western Oregon, Phoenix Area, Austin Area, Dallas Area, Denver Area, Las Vegas Area and Philadelphia
What’s New in Version 3.2
- Open links in the Redfin App: Open email updates, search results and more directly in the Redfin App. Spend the extra time with your family – Redfin says you deserve it!
• AirPlay: Shiny new iPad & iPhone + Apple TV + beautiful MLS images = sheer bliss. Extend your screen and show a full-screen slideshow of any home (note: must have a device capable of AirPlay mirroring with iOS5)
• Retina-display previews: We thought the preview images were too low-res, and now we don’t… they look awesome on the latest iPads
• Instant Updates: Take advantage of Redfin’s new Instant Updates, and sign yourself up to be notified within minutes when homes go on the market, change status, and more
• Open House Sort: Turn your iPad & iPhone into a house-hunting machine, and sort them in “Open House” order – great for the weekends!
• Crash Fixes: Crashes stink, and we’ve fixed as many of them as we could find
Designed for both iPhone and iPad