Australia’s REA Group has received the 2012 Equal Opportunity for Women in the Workplace Agency’s (EOWA) Employer of Choice for Women citation for the first time.
CEO of REA Group Greg Ellis said the company offers career opportunities for women in the typically male-dominated information media and telecommunications industries.
“We are very proud to receive this citation. Our innovative, collaborative and passionate workforce includes women across IT, sales, finance, marketing and more. They play a key role at all levels of our business, with our Executive Leadership Team having a 50/50 gender balance,” he added.
The citation is based on meeting the following criteria:
- Policies in place that support women across the organisation;
- Effective processes that are transparent and gender inclusive;
- Strategies in place that support a commitment to fully utilising and developing all staff, removing barriers to
- A program which educates staff on their rights and obligations regarding sex-based harassment;
- A gender-inclusive organisational culture championed by the CEO and driven by senior executives; and
- Delivering improved outcomes for women.
Simone Carroll, REA Group GM of Human Resources said: “Some of the ways we support women in our workplace include offering flexible work arrangements, holding regular networking opportunities and building a pipeline of female talent.”
“We hold a regular network group for women where women across the organisation come together, share experiences and forge relationships,” she added.
The citation comes after REA Group announced impressive half year results last month, with 18% revenue growth ($134.6 million). Mr Ellis says the continuing growth of the company provides great opportunities for talented people to advance their career at a digital market leader.
“We are proud of all our staff – men and women – and truly believe that we have the best in the business when it comes to digital expertise,” he said.
“We wouldn’t be Australia’s number one property site without these people,” he added.
REA Group runs property sites realestate.com.au, realcommercial.com.au and international sites in Hong Kong, Italy and Luxembourg.