HotPads.com has rolled out its Kindle Fire app, designed specifically with the Kindle Fire in mind. This is one of the only Amazon apps with a native map built right into the application. Having a native map allows for faster searches and maintains the map-based interface home shoppers have come to expect from HotPads. The design team worked around a few Kindle Fire limitations (i.e. lack of GPS and no access to mobile networks) and ultimately created the map-based interface home shoppers have come to expect from HotPads.
The app was developed because HotPads.com is convinced mobile will play a significant role in housing search moving forward. The company’s traffic data supports this stand; over the last year, HotPads mobile visitors have surged 300% and now make up about 25% of its overall traffic.
- Map-based housing search interface
- Search apartments, rental houses, and homes for sale
- See detailed listings with high resolution photos
- Quickly scroll through photos while still seeing listing details
- Advanced filtering options help you narrow your search
- Mark listings as favourites and easily pick up searching where you left off
- Email properties with one touch
Visitors can sign in with their HotPads username and password, which ensures a seamless search experience across all devices.