revealrealestate.com is a new entrant to the Central American property market. It covers Panama, Costa Rica, Belize and Nicaragua real estate markets, with listings and information.
revealrealestate.com was launched in beta in December 2008 by Trans Invest, LLC.
revealrealestate.com is in an early stage of development. According to in-house research, revealrealestate.com lists more real estate developments in Central America marketing to the international investor than any other site.
The site has just launched. Relevant measurement indicators are not available at this stage.
The site covers Panama, Costa Rica, Belize and Nicaragua real estate markets.
Future plans include enhanced developer listings, bespoke property tours and a subscription model.
The key sections of the website are:
- Directory of real estate developments with standardised price information compared against country medians and the revealrealestate average
- Smart search for real estate developments (eg distance from airport, closest town, social and environmental responsibility, distance from golf, surf, diving etc)
- Country information (investment framework, market prices, sustainable development, information on residency and living
- Property hotspots price data compared against country medians and the revealrealestate average.
- Lifestyle groupings of real estate developments
- My.revealrealestate – a social network for investors interested in property in Central America
- Property tours to the region
- Reviews of property hotspots direct from investors
The website incorporates:
- Dynamic charts showing price comparisons
- Google maps
- Advanced search
- Built in review engine
- Social network
The key management are:
- Claudia Gonella, CEO
- Jane Bakerson, Business Development
- Technology partner – Guegue (Nicaragua)
The problem for investors wishing to research property opportunities in Central America is the lack of consistent and objective data on property prices. Unlike more mature property markets such as in Canada, the US or the UK, investors can’t draw on data served up by national institutes, registries or central bank databases.
Over the past 12 months revealrealestate.com have built a database of real estate developments for Central America (i.e. residential communities, private gated communities, off-plan developments, apartment blocks, condominium projects, resort communities etc) – with standardized price comparisons. Practically all the projects in their database target the international buyer seeking a second home investment or lifestyle buy. Some of the projects are in a pre-construction phase while others are well advanced in the roll out of their master plan.
In December 2008 revealrealestate.com put the database online, with one goal: to help investors make better informed investment decisions.
The site has just launched, no major media coverage at this time.